The Finance Officer is in charge of the area’s accountancy and of the financial follow-up of projects that ACTED is implementing in the region.
- Respect existing financial procedures and send all accounting documents to Country Office ;
- Help the Country Office to have a clear vision of the area’s financial situation.
General Responsibilities: The Finance Officer is accountable for the true and fair accountancy of his area.
Key responsibilities :
A. Budget Control
- Accountable for his area accountancy;
- Follow up of financial and accountancy procedures of ACTED Myanmar;
- Accountable for efficient flow of financial and accountancy information to Country Finance (including CFU, cash situation and cash request, running costs analysis);
- Financial accountability of his area’s project;
B. Cost Control
- Ensures that all resources of his area is allocated on the project;
- Ensures that the running cost of his area does not increase above the standard norms and is consistent with the market prices;
- Ensures that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM;
C. Links with other departments
- Coordinate with other FLAT departments at the area level;
- Coordinate with the Programme Departments to understand and respond to their financial needs
- Accountable for procurement documentation;
- Accountable for staff allocation in the payroll.
D. Daily Basis
- Exchange rate: ensure of having daily exchange rates of currency when needed;
- Voucher & Cashbook: filling of voucher(s) & registration of voucher in cashbook;
- Payment: make payments for all items and services which have been approved by the coordination; put paid stamp at the time of payment
- Safe & Cashbook checking: at the end of each day, the cashbook and the safe should be checked and the balance should correspond;
- Money Transfer Dealing: registration and exchange of voucher reference between Country Office and area.
E. Monthly Basis :
- At the end of each month: the balance in the cashbook and in the safe should be checked and the cash checking statement should be established and signed by the Finance assistant and the area coordinator;
- Vouchers: quality of vouchers should be checked by the Finance assistant at the end of each months;
- Advances: ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff, before paying the salary; ensure that no staff has more than one open advance unless approved by the CFM or Coordination.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate. Required Skills
Finacial Management, Good Computer Skills, Communication,