Under the supervision of the Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager, the Community Mobilizer/Hygiene promotion is responsible for supporting the implementation of all interventions matching with the organization quality criteria and strategy, and for developing open, mutually respectful, and accountable relationships with the target communities.
Implementation of WASH (Hygiene Promotion) Activities
- Participates in need assessments, Participatory Rural Appraisals, feasibility studies, stakeholder analyses and community consultations in connection with WASH in Chitral;
- Supports the development of agreements and MoUs with community based organizations or other civil society groups.
- Deliver hygiene sessions in community through various approached and tools, PATS, CLTS, PHAST etc.
- Elaborate all needs based inputs and all other activities according to the objectives of the programme and the beneficiary involvement strategy of the organization In Chitral.
- Mobilizes the community in the effective use of the community resources.
- Responsible for mainstreaming the organization gender policy
- Supports in the development of IEC materials for WASH activities implemented.
- The Community mobiliser/Hygiene promoter should develop in-depth knowledge of all their villages of intervention and should have close contacts with community leaders, volunteers, and activists.
Documentation and reporting:
- Fill, Check & control daily participant’s attendance sheet on daily basis;
- Have knowledge and use of MS office for reporting.
- Development of short reports, case studies, weekly reports and other reporting tasks as assigned by line manager.
- Reporting to line manager in hard & soft.
- Conduct Village profiling and Risk assessment in the area of intervention.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every staff member of the organization.
She is fully responsible of his / her activities in terms of quality and dead line.
Due to urgency of the project, position(s) may be closed before deadline and interviews will be conducted on first come first serve bases. Required Skills