- Under the Overall supervision of AMEU Manager, the AMEU Monitor reports directly to AMEU Officer
- AMEU Monitor responsibilities include;
- Assisting the AME Unit in the development and implementation of Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation strategies by collecting quantitative and qualitative data on ACTED programs and general pre-project data.
- Any necessary assistance to data entry of information collected through AMEU assessments and Program data.
- AMEU monitors will also work closely as a part of the team unit with field and program staff. Monitors’ role is to support programs in their improvement and provide reliable information for coordination and management decision making and recommendations on projects.
B. Development of data collection tools and methodologies
- Working closely with AMEU Officer to design appropriate information collection tools and methodologies including the assessment ToRs, questionnaires etc, and assist where necessary by translating these tools and methodologies
C. Data Collection
- Ensuring transparent, accurate and timely collection of data by administrating surveys, semi structure interviews, conducting focus groups of other participatory information collection tools from the field as well as collecting secondary data from secondary sources of information.
- Provide regular reports to the AMEU Officer at frequent intervals on the progress of the implementation of the assessment activities.
- Working closely with the Database to provide accurate data and where necessary assist the data entering.
- Cross check the accuracy of data entry.
E. Any other task assigned by the AMEU Officer/AMEU Manager/AMEU Coordination.
2. REQUIRED PERSONNAL QUALITIES
The AMEU Monitor will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties in section (1)
- Diplomacy is required for all interactions; this includes following the chain of command and never circumventing the program and the AMEU Managements authority in terms of advising, reporting and the like.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative; without prior authorization of AME Officer/Manager assessment reports should not be shared within or outside ACTED without the authorization of AME Officer/Manager and kept within AME Unit.
- Reports must be complete and meticulous.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently
- Understanding the nature of work carried out by programs is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the reports produced. Therefore a proactive and self motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential. In addition some prior knowledge of project specifics practices is desirable.
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the AMEU Monitor must be inventive and eager to improve his/her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities;
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and Access is strongly desirable. In cases where these skills have not been acquired the monitors should have the capacity to learn them quickly with the support of Database Officer or by other source.
- Ability to travel to the field for data collection, cross checking the collected data of his own and if required for other team mates.
- Proficiency in the local languages is essential.
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities are essential.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Females and PWDs are encouraged to apply.
Due to urgency of the project, position(s) may be closed before deadline and interviews will be conducted on first come first serve bases. Required Skills