Under the supervision of the Area AME Manager/officer and DAC/Area coordinator, the Surveyors are responsible for quality data collection on prescribed forms from the activity beneficiaries, as well responsible for conducting Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) to obtain information at village level and has reporting tasks in line with the quality criteria and strategy, and for developing open, mutually respectful, and accountable relationships with the target communities.
The ideal candidate shall have strong skills in conducting interviews, household and individual level surveys, FGDs and process monitoring of any ongoing activities especially cash disbursement and kits distribution, having strong observations and vigilant. The candidate should have good interpersonal and reporting skills and critical thinking skills. The candidate needs to be willing and able to travel regularly to various villages within the District for collection of data.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
· Area AME Manager/officer
Internal Relations :
· Reporting to AME Manager/officer
· MIS/Data base department
External Relations :
· Local communities
Village Authorities in intervention area
Objective 1 - Data collection activities
- To ensure the data collection from HH/Individual/villages on the daily basis as per the designed tools.
- To ensure all the interviews planned for a day on the daily basis.
- Inquire about a variety of specific information given in the survey form.
- Gather information, record and encode correctly information from a survey.
- To ensure the necessary items to carry out before starting the field work i.e. forms, pens, pencils, erasers, etc.
- Ensure quality of data in terms of neat and clean entries in the forms with no missing information.
- Recognize the problems in obtaining data and share with AME Manager/Officer and also proposed solution for them.
- Submit completed forms to the supervisor to discuss the daily progress.
- Review data gathered from survey to check its accuracy on daily basis.
- Keep the record and addresses of the HH for future consultation if needed.
- Ensure informed consent and respect confidentiality of information received.
- Ensure that respondents understand uniformly questions the way intended, as explained in training given to enumerators before carrying out the data-collection
- Support and cooperate with the supervisor in team building and better coordination.
- Male enumerators will have the additional responsibility to facilitate the female enumerators when they need their help during interview and the field movement/deployment.
- All the team members (surveyors) will cross check the filled forms of each other at the end of a day on daily basis.
- To monitor the ongoing project activities like cash disbursement and various kits distribution.
- Keenly and closely observe whole process taken for distribution and cash disbursement.
- Ensure to record beneficiaries concerns during distribution/other ongoing activities.
- Ensure to disseminate the CRM orientation during distribution/ongoing activities and disseminate CRM contact number.
- To keep record of the daily monitoring findings and report to AME manager/Officer on weekly basis.
- To report the hot issues and sensitive findings on time with his supervisor.
- Keep all the monitoring findings confidential.
- Should have skills and knowledge of process monitoring of any ongoing project activities especially cash disbursement and various kits distribution.
- Should have strong observations and be vigilant.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities.
- In the absence of a dedicated Data Entry Officer, enter all field data into appropriate databases on an accurate and timely basis.
- Cross-check the accuracy of data entry.
- Support the maintenance of an efficient and accurate filing system for all electronic and hard-copy documents.
- Report monitoring findings at Weekly Area Meetings, as required by AME Officer.
- Collect high-resolution and good quality photos of ACTED project activities in the field, featuring donor, partner and ACTED logos, and delivery photos to the AME Officer (in line with ACTED’s Child Protection Policy and Photo Guidelines).
Objective 2 – Beneficiary accountability
- Ensure that all relations with the communities we work with are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner.
- Ensure that communities are adequately consulted and informed about purpose of the data-collection and ensure no false responses are given/recorded.
- Orient community members about accountability mechanism and disseminate the telephone number.
Objective 3 - General objectives
- Carry out all activities according to the objectives of the program and the beneficiary involvement strategy.
- Ensure on time completion of the tasks in line with the work plan.
Monitoring, Management of Campus, Report Writing,