Under the supervision of the Project Manager/PM Infrastructure, the Team leader is responsible for the implementation of all technical programmes / interventions undertaken by ACTED either through-contractors or through CFW, matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy.
He / She is fully responsible of his / her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, bill of quantities, respect of the budget and deadline.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
Working Relations Internal Relations:
· Reporting & AMEU Department;
· MIS Team;
· FLAT Department[s];
· Liaison Officer;
· Project Manager[s]
· Village Authorities in intervention area;
· Local Authorities;
· Local / International NGOs / UN Agencies active in the area.
The Team leader will:
· Lead and guide ACTED’s technical interventions in the base. Ensure that planned activities are successfully implemented according to quality standards.
· In collaboration with the programme team and coordination, determine the strategic direction of the programme in the short and medium term and map out activities, and contribute to the preparation of project proposals and budgets;
· Prepare Bills of Quantities (BoQs) and Designs as required by programmes for implementation of WASH, and FSL schemes.
· Collaborate effectively with other line managers and the coordination team.
· Manage the programme team. Ensure that they are wholly involved in programme planning and direction.
· Collaborate with the Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AMEU) to assess need, monitor activities, and evaluate programme progress. Ensure that lessons learned in the course of implementation are integrated into the programme to ensure that it remains responsive and relevant.
· Provide input and regularly review all FLAT Follow-Up for ongoing programmes together with the relevant department manager and Programme Coordinator;
· Be alert to opportunities arising for learning, collaboration and partnership that may enhance programme quality and responsiveness.
· Provide relevant technical expertise/guidance to ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained during project implementation
· Identify and interact with existing WASH initiatives in the base, including UN, GO’s and NGO’s, and community initiatives.
· Develop and implement an exit strategy in collaboration with his/her team, AME unit and the Programme Coordinator.
· Liaise with the relevant Technical Working Group / Cluster and its participants/ partners.
· Report regularly (as requested) to the Area Coordinator and Country Director.
· Prepare and develop the Project Management tools (i.e. PMF, Logframe).
· Translate relevant documents or information during coordination visits.
· Develop team capacity at both the individual and group level by organising/ facilitating trainings internally or through specialist agencies / individuals.
· Work proactively to ensure that the projects are responsive and relevant to community needs.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
1. Programme Management - Objective 1.1: Implementation of Project Cycle Management Framework
The Team Leader will ensure that project cycle management tools, including the PMF and Logframe are developed together with Field Officers for all projects undertaken. He/she will ensure that project implementation is conducted within the parameters of the PMF and that this reflects the proposal objectives.
The Team Leader shall undertake regular field coordination visits to ensure that:
- Objective 1.2: Management of Project Staff
The Team Leader shall be responsible for the management of technical officers and for ensuring that all field teams are comprehensively briefed on the objective, expected output and overall implementation strategy of any given activity. The Senior Team Leader shall ensure that technical officers and other project/field staff are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with programme requirements.
- Objective 1.3: Coordination
The Team Leader shall ensure that he/she regularly meets with HR, Finance, and Logistics Departments to ensure that support mechanisms such as the BFU, Procurement plan, and recruitment are completed on time and reflect operational realities/needs.
- Objective 1.4: Reporting
The Team Leader shall support the Reporting Manager in the preparation of reports to be Senior Civilmitted to Donors / Authorities / Coordination bodies (i.e. OCHA / Internal Coordination). He/she will be expected to provide reports covering activity implementation, achievement of objectives, successes / challenges, beneficiary feedback, etc.
The Team Leader is expected to provide regular reports to the Programme Coordinator on the progress of the implementation of activities and on observations made during the mission and collaborate closely with the AME unit as part of monitoring and evaluation activities.
2. Programme Development
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator/Area Coordinator and in coordination with AMEU, the Senior Team Leader will take the lead in the preparation of, and may be expected to conduct, monitoring or assessment missions to any area as part of the strategic development of ACTED’s operations in the area (i.e. for the development of proposals, for the capitalisation of lessons learned, as part of a wider beneficiary / village selection process, etc.).
3. General Functions - Objective 3.1: Completion of Programme Filing for Completed Projects
The Team Leader shall ensure all relevant filing is properly organised, up-to-date and complete for all projects. He/she shall, also work closely with the FLAT teams to support project reconciliation / general monthly follow-up exercises.
- Objective 3.2: Commitment to Accountability to Communities
The Team Leader shall take the lead in the development and implementation of a programme-specific accountability framework to act as a guideline for all programme activities.
- Objective 3.3: Facilitation The Team Leader is expected to facilitate trainings or programme coordination meetings by translating and/or leading discussions. Moreover, he/she shall be in a position to present ACTED’s global and programmatic strategies and activities in township NGO fora or for Local Authorities.
Due to urgency of the project, position(s) may be closed before deadline and interviews will be conducted on first come first serve bases.Required Skills
communications, BOQ Formation