This position is based in Kashmore District with frequent to district Jacobabad.
- The job holder will be responsible for providing active support to the core programme objective by focusing to ensure retention and transition of adolescent girls enrolled in the non-formal centers under LNGB project.
- Under the leadership of project manager the incumbent will devise strategies for implementation to work on effective retention rates of enrolled learners at the LNGB centers.
- The incumbent will also plan with several different stakeholders to develop transition plans for passing out learners into formal education process and towards either self-employment, entrepreneurship, or collaborative work opportunities/partnerships for livelihood development opportunities.
- The incumbent will comply to LNGB safeguarding and child protection policies at all times of engagement.
- To ensure improved attendance and retention rates of enrolled students in the center.
- Effectively reach out to communities in a proactive manner seeking their support in ensuring aspects related to retention, attendance and transition of learners.
- To coordinate with external stakeholders to ensure that center locations and timings act as an enabling factor for enhanced participation of adolescent girls in the programme.
- To support stringent quality assurance mechanisms targeting children, teachers and community members with the objective of ensuring 100% retention rates and community willingness to keep sending their children in LNGB centers.
- Coordinate with TVET counterparts within district to ensure opportunities are created given for learners completing ACTED`s NFE/TVET courses for transition into a livelihood activity or next formal catch of education.
- Develop, support and implement community engagement and mobilization plan which aims to ensure project retention, attendance and transition objectives.
- Coordination with relevant authorities to ensure maximum buy-in for field interventions
1.1. External Relations
- District Education and NFE Department b)
- Social Welfare Department c)
- Village Management Committees, SMCs, PTAs, Community Elders
1.2. Project Implementation
- The Job holder will be responsible to report on programme functioning according to standard requirements of this role.
- The incumbent will be responsible to identify programme gaps vis challenges, barriers in enrolment, retention and transitioning, and share the findings with supervisor,
- The incumbent will conduct on-site visit and spot checks to ensure project implementation and sustainability from the perspective of this role.
- The incumbent will also see that learning centres are opening and closing in time and maximum attendance at centers is accomplished.
- The incumbent will also support smooth functioning of SMC`s and other relevant committees to achieve retention and transition plans.
1.1. Internal Coordination
- To conduct field monitoring visits by following weekly action plan
- To submit fortnight and monthly programme progress reports
- To ensure field visits are properly done as per criteria
- To make sure other IP staff members are visiting field according to the plan
- To make sure learning centres are running smoothly and according to set criteria
- To participate in SMC/teachers/community/parent meetings
- To check learning centres condition and learning environment
1.2. Technical Leadership:
- The incumbent will lead on learners retention and transition plans and ensure full compliance as per LNGB requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- Post graduate master/bachelor`s degree in education or other social sciences field with three to four years of minimum professional experience. (preferably three experience of working in formal education, or non-formal education or training programmes)
- Experience in developing and implementing community mobilization plans in education/training projects to sensitise communities about importance of education and retention.
- Fair experience in developing and implementing transition plans for youth/students to link them in next career opportunities or formal education processes.
- Good experience of working with SMC`s/PTC`s/ Communities, teachers and students for ensuring retention, attendance and consistency of education process.
- Good understanding of challenges involved in implementing education and or non-formal education programmes for adolescent girls.
- Good understanding of child safeguarding/protection issues in Pakistan.
- Particularly for girls.
- Previous experience of working in education or non-formal education in Pakistan.
- Excellent Sindhi language skills and good interpersonal, communication, motivation and presentation skills.
- ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
- ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
- Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.
Report Writting Skills, Solid Computer Skills, Communication Skills,