The Logistic Officer works under the supervision of the Area Logistic Manager is responsible for the procurement, supply, maintenance, and transportation of equipment, facilities, and personnel for the base according to ACTED guidelines. In addition, the Logistic Officer is also responsible for communication and safety and security management. He supervises all office support staff that fall under the logistics department.
A. Procurement and supply chain management
- Plan for all project procurement with relevant project manager and Coordination.
- Manage and coordinate the entire procurement and supply chain.
- Reinforce current procedures and the quality of ACTED internal control, based on ACTED guidelines, donor requirements and results of internal and external audits.
- Ensure information flow with other departments and sub office for effective service delivery thus securing the successful conclusion of the programs.
- Account for overall compliance with ACTED procurement procedures.
B. Stock Management
- Account for all program and non-program inventories in the office and sub bases and warehouses.
- Manage the IN and OUT processes of the stock in the area office according to ACTED standard.
- Ensure overall compliance with the stock management procedures.
C. Delivery (Transport) Management
- Manage delivery of ACTED stock and supplies to sub office as required.
- Account for the overall compliance with delivery management procedures.
D. Assets and Property Management (including premises)
- Ensure the safety and effective use of all ACTED assets and property in the office and sub bases.
- Ensure the maintenance and repairs of assets and property.
- Keep the assets file updated with all necessary documents (vouchers, technical manuals, repair docs).
- Account for the overall compliance with assets, property and premises management procedures.
E. Fleet and Fuel Management
- Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and follow up of the ACTED vehicles.
- Control and manage the cost of the fleet (fuel, maintenance and repairs).
- Accounts for the overall compliance with the fleet management procedures.
F. Filing and Reporting
- Comply with all the reporting requirements from Coordination and Country Logistics.
- Present the monthly reports as required according to ACTED guidelines.
- Make sure that the FLAT files are updated and well documented.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.