The Finance Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer and is responsible to all financial and accountancy work.
In order to ensure a proper cash flow system within mission, the Finance Assistant will also take care of ACTED physical cash release and documentation of physical cash flow.
- Respect and follow-up of ACTED financial procedures
- Help the Country Office to have a clear vision of the area’s financial situation.
- Dealing with cash transfers and cash exchanges
- Petty cash management
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
- Follow up of FLAT document for compliance and transparency of ACTED procedures;
The Finance Assistant is accountable for the true and fair accountancy of his area.
- Accountable for Capital Office accountancy;
- Follow up of financial and accountancy procedures of ACTED;
- Accountable for efficient flow of financial and accountancy information (including CFU, cash situation and cash request, running costs analysis);
- Ensures that all resources are allocated on the projects (on Vouchers/SAGA);
- Ensures that the running cost does not increase above the standard norms and is consistent with the market prices;
- Ensures that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM;
Links with other departments
- Coordinate with other FLAT departments;
- Coordinate with the Programme Departments to understand and respond to their financial needs
- Accountable for procurement documentation;
- Accountable for staff allocation in the payroll.
III .Finance Assistant Duties:
- Voucher & Cashbook: filling of voucher(s) & registration of voucher in cashbook
- Payment: make payments for all items and services which have been approved by the CR
- Safe & Cashbook checking: at the end of each day, the cashbook and the safe should be checked and the balance should correspond
- Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register it in cashbook
- Money Transfer Dealing: registration and exchange of voucher reference between Country Office and area
- Every day: ensure of having exchange rates of currency (under the finance officer/manager supervision);
- At the end of each month: the balance in the cashbook and in the safe should be checked and the cash checking statement should be established and signed by the Finance Assistant and the Finance Manager
- Vouchers: quality of vouchers should be checked by the Finance Assistant at the end of each month
- Files tagging: In order to ensure efficient files management and archiving, the financial assistant must tag each file according to ACTED procedures
- Cashbook & SAGA: cashbook and SAGA should be checked before closing the accounting month
- Advances: ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff before paying the salary
- Release international staff per diem/food allowances according to the monthly attendance sheet signed by staff and approved by CFM / CR;
IV .Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries (responsibility of every ACTED staff member):
Responsibility of every ACTED staff member
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Final selection will be based on the security clearance of the candidate. Required Skills
Financial Bookkeeping, Financial Management, Petty Cash Management,