Under the supervision of the District Project Manager, the Project Officer - WASH Officer is directly responsible for the implementation of field activities in accordance with the strategy and methodology defined by their line manager. He/she is responsible for maintaining good relations and open communications with villagers, the village authorities, and workers from the village to ensure the smooth implementation of the activities.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- District Project Manager - DRR
Working Relations Internal Relations:
- DRR and Community Mobilisation Team
- Engineering Team
- FSL Team
- CBDRM Team
- FLAT Team (Logistic, Finance, Administration , AMEU and Liaison)
Key responsibilities :
1. Implementation of the project
- He/She should have in-depth knowledge of Pakistan Approaches to Total Sanitation umbrella approach (Community Let Total sanitation CLTS, School Let Total Sanitation SLTS, Participatory Hygiene And sanitation Transformation PHAST, Sanitation marketing, component sharing etc)
- Should have ability to provide CLTS/ SLTS/Hygiene promotion trainings as per project module,
- Conduct triggering in the targeted villages and implement WASH activities to make those ODF.
- He/She would be responsible for implementing the WASH related activities as proposed for the area.
- He/She would plan, organize and effective celebration for the global WASH days during the course of project.
- Have a complete understanding of the project implementation;
- Supervise and provide guidance and support other field teams inclusive of community mobilizers;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural environments;
- He/She would submit the daily progress report and challenges faced within the field area and come up with solution for better planning.
- Liaising with programme staff of other INGO teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed.
- Coordination with School Administration for conducting the Hygiene session with children.
- Follow up for practice change in children after the sessions.
- Formation and orientation of hygiene clubs in schools.
- Providing technical input for development of hygiene promotion themes for theaters and also plan organize the theaters.
- Any other task assign by the supervisor.
1. Assessment / Beneficiaries selection/village participation
- Would be participating, supporting in design WASH related assessment to identify the WASH specific needs and deliver a quality work accordingly.
- Ensure community mobilization by organizing meeting before, during and after the project and by involving the villagers at all the steps of the project and in the decision taken;
- Ensure good mutual understanding and communication between INGO team present in the village and the villagers;
- Fill, Check & control relevant documents on regular basis;
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
We are an equal Opportunity Employer, Females and PWDs are encourage to Apply. Required Skills