ABOUT ACTED PAKISTAN:
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris, founded in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to the principles of non-discrimination and transparency. ACTED has been present in Pakistan since 1993. ACTED Pakistan programmes range from short-term emergency responses to recovery and rehabilitation, as well as longer-term development initiatives. ACTED strategy is to target vulnerable communities affected by natural and conflict-related disasters as well as lack of socio-economic development.
The job holder is responsible for providing community capacity strengthening support, and coordination of the planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting of the Education core program being implemented by ACTED in Lakki Marwat-KP. The Job Holder will take responsibility for support of the Education core program to promote safe, supportive learning centers and communities that increase the participation of children to enable them to develop to their full potential.
1. To support the context specific Gender Equality, Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI), Safeguarding and Child Protection (SG and CP) mainstreaming and programming strategy for ACTED `s LNGB project in LM-KP.
2. To coordinate and take lead at field level on ACTED’s GESI, SG and CP mainstreaming policies and procedures.
3. To ensure coherent GESI and CP implementation modalities, support in the development of tools and methodologies for the field level initiatives.
1.1 Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of capacity building plans for GESI, SG and CP for Teachers and CMC members
- Have an interest in the well-being and safeguarding of children and child protection matters.
- Attend relevant training to fulfil the role of GESI, SG and CP Officer.
- Coordination with relevant authorities and local organizations to ensure maximum buy-in for field interventions.
- To roll out and Monitor all the activates related to GESI, SG and CP and reiterate the importance of using Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) with support of AME at the Centre level
- To support and response all the incidents at the community level
- To conduct field monitoring visits by following weekly action plan
- To submit fortnight and monthly program progress report
- To participate in SMC/teachers parent meetings
- To check learning centres’ condition and learning environment (Safety audit with support of Program team and AME)
- To conduct meetings with CMC/parents according to SG and CP needs
1.2 . Project Implementation
- Ensures adherence to the GESI, SG and CP Policy and reporting procedures
- Supervises the implementation of Safe Guarding and SC Child Protection activities at ALP/L&N center level ensuring appropriate coordination with other sectors
- Supervises the Teachers /Facilitators in Space locations by visiting ALP/L&N centers on a regular basis, ensuring that activities are implemented in an appropriate manner
- Provides SG and GESI advisors with detailed information regarding activities on a weekly basis (children attendance with and age, activities carried out, issues affecting programme delivery, material needs etc…)
- Is responsible for the proper design and monitoring of weekly work plan, registration of learners in the space level follow up of equipment and identification/follow up of vulnerable children within the Center
- Provides on-the-job supervision and training of program team, field staff and any Volunteers
- Ensures that GESI and safeguarding standards are understood and met ensuring a safe and child-friendly atmosphere in the ALP/L&N space level
- Ensures that health and safety regulations are understood and followed and that health and safety incidents are logged
- Ensures the participation of all groups of children, especially children who are the most vulnerable at the space level
- Screens for and monitors for GESI and protection needs and gaps in and around the ALP and L& N spaces
- Supports advisors for field level training sessions, ensuring all staff engaged with LNGB is trained
1.3 Technical Support:
The SG and Child protection officer will perform appropriate analysis to support field teams at the field level and execute all the GESI, SG and CP activities at field level, in addition to this she will be responsible to review and report all kind of SG and CP issues to the SG Advisor.
Education: A University Degree in International Development, Human Rights, Psychology, Sociology, International law or other Social Science field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in gender equality, social inclusion and child protection and/other related areas would be given preference.
- Relevant experience in related areas, program/project development and management in a International agency or organization will be an asset;
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Must have a willingness to challenge opinion, where necessary, and to drive the child protection agenda.
- Must have the confidence and good judgment to manage situations relating to the poor conduct/behaviour of others towards a child.
ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
ACTED is equal opportunity employers.
Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate. Required Skills