ABOUT ACTED PAKISTAN:
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris, founded in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. ACTED has been present in Pakistan since 1993 and currently supports communities in Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Federally Administered Tribal Areas and Azad Jammu Kashmir. ACTED Pakistan programmes range from short-term emergency responses to recovery and rehabilitation, as well as longer-term development initiatives. ACTED strategy is to target vulnerable communities affected by natural and conflict-related disasters as well as lack of socio-economic development.
The Logistics Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Logistics Manager/Logistics Officer and is responsible of collecting and filing all procurement documentation in hard copy and on the server.
The Logistics Assistant is responsible of saving procurement documents as per ACTED’s procedures, of updating the server in a timely manner.
- Has to make sure him/her self what is s/he purchasing the price is reasonable.
- If s/he cannot find some items, he should refer to the area logistic manager or area coordinator to find other ways to buy the item.
- Should be respecting the delivery deadlines in order form.
- S/he has to keep note/record for payments on what s/he purchases.
- Procurement guidelines have to be strictly followed.
- The OFU are shared on weekly basis, means on every Friday to get updated reports about the procurement status.
- Ensures that ACTED Procurement Guidelines are strictly applied;
- Collects all order forms on Friday and ensures the timely procurement of project and office necessary goods and services, in a transparent and accountable manner;
- Make sure specifications of the items’ in request forms are clear (otherwise ask for technical advice from sender) and do not hesitate to ask for more information if you have any doubt on the item’s specification;
- Make sure the budget line and funding line attached with each item is correct and still funded (otherwise ask for finance dept. advice);
- Collect quotations from the market respecting the specifications of the request and purchase procedure. (translate the bills to English if in local language);
- Provide the quotation to Logistic Officer for selection and prepare the necessary forms according to the Procurement scenarios requirement;
- Make sure all concerned departments have signed the purchase order before you go to procure the item(s);
- Making supplier’s contracts, ensuring that all the terms and conditions are properly and clearly stated;
- Purchase the items and bring back the bill;
- Ensure transportation for the item to the requester by coordinating with the Logistics officer.
- Get a receipt against the delivery. (Waybill, internal delivery note, reception…)
- Prepare DFU (Delivery Follow up) against each contract deliveries.
- Present the complete documents to finance for payment purpose.
- Drafting of contract and memos for respective projects.
- Checking of contractual deadlines for each contract and in case of delay informed the department head.
- Giving feedback to the concern programme about the OF process.
- If the supplier’s deliveries are delayed, the supplier should be informed of the contractual penalties, and also should e-mail regarding the deadlines.
- The RFQ’s should be prepared and sent to respective suppliers on time, and keep follow up with the suppliers.
- Once the project is completed sent the original documents as per check list to compliance department Islamabad.
2. Procurement Filing:
- Updating supplier data base on daily/weekly/Monthly Basis, Soft (scanned version) & b) Hard files
- Collection of supplier signed contractual evaluation reports from field and archiving them both in soft & hard forms.
- Collection of supplier assessment reports/ reference checks and archiving them both in soft & hard forms.
- Facilitating logistics department on:
- Updating Order Form Follow up in soft & reception of Order Forms and filing in folder.
- Update filing of Procurement Plan and Waivers (hard copy and soft copy in the server and folder)
- Collect the Order Form from Capital office/area office and filing in the Order Form Folder and file their scanned copy on the server.
- Collect and file the supporting documentation (Reception Vouchers, Quality Check) for payments in collaboration with Logistics Officer.
- Give update to the Logistics Officer/Logistics Manager on a daily basis about ongoing payment and missing supporting document
- Ensure the flow of documentation to FLAT folder when contracts are completed.
- FWA’s (Framework agreement) and procurement scenario A, B, C payments documents processing.
- Document Management as per ACTED Achieve procedure.
- Scanning of Procurement documents, archiving soft data on server and ensure its accessibility to authorized staff.
- Ensure the quality of scanned documents (Scanned data must be readable)
- Packing and stacking of documents as per given guidelines.
- Any other specific tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Supplier Database sharing weekly.
- OFU updating daily.
- Filing and documentation reports sharing weekly.
- Weekly work plan sharing every Friday before COB.
Provide any support for the good functioning of ACTED Logistics department whenever requested by Supervisor & ACTED Management.
Note: “ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries and staff within our programs from sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA). ACTED has a Code of Conduct and organizational policies, which outline the expected behavior of all staff, consultants and other stakeholders and reminds ACTED’s zero-tolerance approach. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will sign those documents as part of their work contract and is expected to abide by them.” “ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff. ACTED is equal opportunity employers. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.” Required Skills
Procurement, Procurements Contracts, Communication Skills, Stock Management, Fleet Management, Fleet Operations, Procurement Outsourcing,