ABOUT ACTED PAKISTAN:
ACTED is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris, founded in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. ACTED has been present in Pakistan since 1993 and currently supports communities in Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Federally Administered Tribal Areas and Azad Jammu Kashmir. ACTED Pakistan programmes range from short-term emergency responses to recovery and rehabilitation, as well as longer-term development initiatives. ACTED strategy is to target vulnerable communities affected by natural and conflict-related disasters as well as lack of socio-economic development.
- Database Assistant reports directly to MIS Manager
- Database Assistant’s responsibilities include;
- Assist MIS Manager in data collection, Data Cleansing and Data consolidation. Capacity to ensure quality data processing and identifying and addressing issues with data collected.
- Liaise with the database teams in the field and provide some technical and procedural assistance if required.
- Should be able to manage and supervise data entry process in the field to meet project deadlines.
- Respond to information requested from ACTED Coordination team.
- Have good communication skills along with output orientated.
- Can work under pressure, willing to work overtime when meeting hard deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of database concepts, writing SQL queries and producing summary reports when required.
- Able to work on database tools especially on MS ACCESS and MS Excel.
- Should be able to respond to any other related task assigned by the Database Manager.
- Should be able to modify/update database according to field requirements.
- Should follow the process and procedures as defined within the organization.
- Should have demonstrated experience working with research data/data base management or equivalent academic experience.
The MIS Assistant will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties in section (1)
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently. In addition Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative.
- Good command on Excel, Word and Database software such as MS Access.
- Understanding the nature of work carried out by Database in the field is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the data. Therefore a proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs.
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the Database Assistant must be inventive and eager to improve his/her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities;
- Ability to travel to the field for data collection, cross checking the data and provide training to field staff if required.
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness and interest in learning new skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Discretion in handling confidential issues and a high level of integrity.
- Pashto language is value addition.
Note: “ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries and staff within our programs from sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA). ACTED has a Code of Conduct and organizational policies, which outline the expected behavior of all staff, consultants and other stakeholders and reminds ACTED’s zero-tolerance approach. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will sign those documents as part of their work contract and is expected to abide by them.” “ACTED is commitment to zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff. ACTED is equal opportunity employers. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Final selection will be based on security clearance of the candidate.” Required Skills
Troubleshooting, SQL, MS Office, MS Excel, Data Entry, Academic Databases Management,